As a product lover, I am always intrigued to hear about the products that others use and love. Not those items that are “trendy” or for special uses (do people seriously use makeup setting spray every day?!) or that people are paid to say they love. I like to hear about the tried and true products that others use and then replace. Below are a few of my favorites!
- Simple Micellar Water– I hate washing my face at night. I don’t know why but it feels like such a tedious extra step after brushing my teeth. BUT it is so important to cleanse your face before going to bed. The reasons are endless; your pores will look smaller, your moisturizers will work better, you’ll have less breakouts, you’ll reduce signs of aging, and of course look younger, longer. If you’re not convinced see more info here and here. Enough about the reasons why and along to the product that makes it so much easier. This water is free of harmful chemicals and full of “skin loving” ingredients like Vitamin B3 and C. Its a quick easy step with a cotton ball and makes all the difference in the world and is very gentle on sensitive skin. Also, its a favorite among French women which is enough in my book.
- Jo Malone “English Pear and Freesia” – I received a free travel size (the one pictured above) a few months ago and fell in love with the scent. It’s somehow light while being rich at the same time and I’m always receiving compliments when I wear it. I liked it so much that I bought myself a full sized bottle and the bath oil. It’s not cheap but I find the scent lasts all day.
- Rodan + Fields ReDefine Triple Defense Treatment with SPF – I really like the whole Redefine system from Rodan and Fields but specifically LOVE this day cream. It smells so fresh and is thick but seems to instantly absorb into my skin. I can really tell a difference in my skin with this line and can’t recommend it enough. I also love that it has SPF which takes and extra step out of my morning routine. It does come with a hefty price tag but the way I see it, if I’m willing to spend $100 on a pair of shoes I wear a few times a month then I should spend at least that on my face that I’ll have the rest of my life. (Disclaimer- I’m known to be able to justify any purchase).
- Molton Brown Templetree Body Wash– Another item that I was gifted and ended up loving and repurchasing! Molton Brown products are made in London and come in tons of amazing scents. This one smells sunny and happy with notes of templetree flowers, patchouli and jasmine. What I love most about Molton Brown products is they really last. A little goes a long way.
- Oribe Gold Lust Transformative Masque– I am obsessed with shinny hair and am always searching for hair products to get me smooth and glossy locks. This masque does the trick! All of Oribe’s products smell amazing and their hair masque is no exception. It gives your hair the smell and benefits of Oribe’s hair care line without having to use their (rather expensive) Shampoo/Conditioner. I’ve also heard great things about the Gold Lust hair oil and might need to give it a go next. As a tip, I like to buy pricier items like Oribe in the travel size to give them a real try and see if they are worth the price tag. Hence my travel size hairspray for number 8.
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel– I purchased this gel face wash when I was in Paris last year and love using it with my Clarasonic. Its the perfect amount of foam and leaves your face feeling so fresh and clean. CVS just started carrying this affordable French brand. I really recommend checking out their products.
- It’s a 10 Silk Express Miracle Leave in Spray– my sister originally told me about the brand “It’s a 10” a few years ago and I’ve loved this product ever since. I spray it on my hair after I towel dry. It protects hair from heat, adds skine and seals in moisture. It also smells amazing!
- Orible Superfine Spray– My go-to hairspray. Of course it smells great (no gross chemical scent) and it holds without being stiff/crunchy. Nothing worse than crunchy hair 😉
- Moroccan Oil Dry Shampoo (dark tones)- I have tried a LOT of dry shampoos and this is my absolute favorite! It smells amazing (clearly there is a theme here) and really leaves you hair feeling clean. The trick is to spray it in your hair the night before you’ll need it. This gives the product time to soak in and do its work. I find working from home I wash my hair a little less which has been great. This product really keeps my hair looking good between washes.
Do you have any go-to products that you buy again and again?? Please leave them in the comments, I’m always in search of my next favorite thing. Also let me know if you try any of my favs!